Saturday, February 27, 2010

I heart pancakes, take two

 

You may remember this recent post about 100 cal. pancakes, and how they were kind of blah.  Well, I tried again this morning, and they came out much better!


Banana Nut Pancakes

1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Splenda
1/2 cup Pecans, crushed
1 cup Skim Milk
1/2 cup Egg Beaters
2 tbsp Vanilla extract
2 Bananas, mashed
2 tbsp Cinnamon

1. Mix flour, baking soda, nuts and Splenda in bowl.
2. Mix milk, eggs, bananas and vanilla in another bowl.
3. Beat into dry mix roughly, so as to add more air to mix.
4. Stir in cinnamon last.
5. Serving size is 1/3 cup mix.
6. Use Pam on skillet when cooking and sweeten with sugar free syrup and/or fruit!

Number of Servings: 10

 

My bananas and pecans added 50 cal. to each pancake, but it also made two more than before.  I froze the last two to have during the week.  These were MUCH tastier than the original.  I upped the flour a bit to compensate for the wet bananas, and I think I made the right call.  Mine come out very well done because I still haven't got the whole pancake-flipping thing down, but they were fine.  Enjoyed, as always, with three slices of center cut bacon (60 cal.).  I'm still not a huge fan of these "fake" pancakes, though they are a decent substitute; but somehow my beloved LOVES them, so that's fine with me.

Chef Shorty: 3.5 noms
Prof. Peanutbutter: 4.5 noms

No comments:

Post a Comment