Monday, February 15, 2010

Zomg moar cornbread



I seriously have a thing for cornbread.  Luckily, so does my sweetie.  But really, this was almost TOO nommy.  I just wanted to nom the whole darn pan.

Adapted from Cheese Jalapeno Cornbread on SparkPeople.com.  (She was waaaaay off on her calorie count, as noted by some in the comments.)

Cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread

1 box Krusteaz Natural Honey Cornbread & Muffin Mix
1 cup Milk, nonfat
4 tbsp I Can't Believe it's Not Butter - Light
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
2  Jalapeno Peppers, diced
1/2 cup Sargento Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican (or your favorite low-fat cheese)
1 4-oz. can Yellow Sweet Corn
1/4 cup Scallions, chopped


1. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan/casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. Heat oven to 400° and preheat the pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients well. Stir until moistened and all ingredients are distributed evenly.
3. Spread in the hot baking pan/casserole dish.
4. Bake for 22 - 27 minutes, until set and lightly golden brown. Cool in the pan on a rack.

Makes 16 rectangles


 



Oh.  My.  Nom.  It's too bad this isn't lower in calories cuz I could have nommed it ALL.  I had two slices with a bunch of veggies, and Prof. Peanutbutter had his with some leftover chili.  There's a lot of this cornbread left over and I can't WAIT to nom some more.

Chef Shorty: 5 noms
Prof. Peanutbutter: 4.5 noms (He would have liked it to be spicier.)


No comments:

Post a Comment