Pancakes make a very nommy breakfast, but they're not always so healthy. I found a wheat pancake recipe and gave it a shot for brunch.
From AMROX123's SparkPeople.com recipe.
100 Calorie Cinnamon Pancakes
1 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp Splenda No Calorie Sweetener
1 cup Skim Milk
1/2 cup Egg Beaters
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
2 tbsp Cinnamon
1. Mix flour, baking soda, and splenda in bowl.
2. Mix milk, eggs, and vanilla in another bowl.
3. Beat into dry mix roughly, so as to add more air to mix.
4. Stir in cinnamon last.
5. Serving size is 1/3 cup mix.
6. Use Pam on skillet when cooking and sweeten with sugar free syrup and/or fruit!
Number of Servings: 8
Well, she was right on with the 1/3 cup of batter, it made exactly 8 pancakes. They were...okay. They DEFINITELY needed a bit more nom. As some people commented, adding a fruit to the batter would improve it. I want to try this next time, adding either bananas or apples, or even a few chocolate chips! I will re-visit this when we try some variations.
Chef Shorty: 2.5 noms
Prof. Peanutbutter: 3 noms