Sunday, February 14, 2010

Whatsa frittata?



One day on my SparkPeople.com calendar, there was a recipe.  Some days have quotes, some have tips, but I like the recipe ones because those mean NOMS.  I adapted this one a bit to be lower calorie (I substitute Egg Beaters in pretty much everything) and more eggy.

Adapted from Coach Nicole's Mini Vegetable Frittatas on SparkPeople.com.

Veggie and Egg Muffins

2 cups Egg Beaters
1 cup diced Tomatoes (I used 2 Roma tomatoes)
1 cup chopped Broccoli, steamed
1/2 cup Sargento Reduced Fat Colby-Jack Shredded (or your favorite low-fat cheese)
2 tbsp Milk, nonfat

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a muffin pan with Pam.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Pour the mixture into the 12 muffin cups. It should fill each almost to the top.
4. Bake for 20 min. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.

Number of Servings: 12















OM.  NOM.  This was the nommiest low-cal vegetarian breakfast item I've ever made.  Granted, we did have light sausage links on the side, but the main dish was veggie.  We almost never have veggies in our breakfast, and now that I found a nommy way to do it, I may have to nom them more often.  Seriously, 40 calories each!  Saved plenty of calories for our Valentine's dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House later.  ;-)

I also did not steam the broccoli like the original recipe called for, and it definitely would have been better if I had, so I included it above.  Steam it.  Trust me.  I'm going to make another batch soon, freeze them, and bring 3 or 4 to work for breakfast.

Chef Shorty: 4 noms
Prof. Peanutbutter: 4 noms (4.5 if I had steamed the broccoli)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment