Friday, February 12, 2010
Vegan can be nommy too!
Prof. Peanutbutter and I are definitely not vegan. We loves cheezburgers too much. However, our good friend Jenni-Mama shared this nommy muffin recipe that we absolutely love.
From JENNI329's SparkPeople.com recipe.
Low-Fat Vegan Carrot Zucchini Muffins
1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup shredded zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners or spray muffin tins with non-stick spray.
3. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
4. Make well in center of bowl and stir in applesauce & vanilla (mixture will be thick).
5. Fold in carrots and zucchini.
6. Spoon into muffin pan.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 12 muffins.
These are nom-ilicious as an after-work, pre-workout snack. Om nom nom...
Chef Shorty: 4 noms
Prof. Peanutbutter: 4 noms